What Is A Pulse Oximeter?
The Pulse Oximeter is a non-invasive device to monitor functional oxygen saturation and pulse rate.
Pairing Your Pulse Oximeter
Pair the device with your phone in the Ucardia App, NOT in your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Open the Ucardia App and press the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “My Devices”.
- Select “Set Up a New Device”.
- Select the Pulse Oximeter.
- Then your smartphone will start searching for the device.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
How To Use Your Pulse Oximeter
The patient should not walk or run during measurements and should not excessively move the finger or arm where the device is attached.
It is recommended that the user wash their hands before use.
Note: Nail polish may affect the accuracy of the measurement and it is suggested that any polish be removed prior to monitoring.
Wearing a Pulse Oximeter
The device can be used on any finger, excluding the thumb. It is preferred to use the index or middle finger. Wear the device with the screen side on your finger pad, away from the side with your nail.